Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"You Look Cute Today"

I decided to title today's blog after the interaction I had with on of my kindergarden students at school today. She was running down the hallways when she saw me, came to an abrupt stop, hugged me and said, "What's your name?" I smiled and said, "Ms. Sam" and she started to walk away, turned her head and said, "Oh, because you look cute today". Haha I could have melted all over the floor, that little girl has no idea, but she just made my day.

Today was long, up at 4:30am to be at work by 5:45am, just another Tuesday. I have to say though that this Tuesday is more stress evoking than others in the past because I have a paper due on Thursday that I have barely touched and that I don't have any of the books for and can't really site sources from.....jeeeesh! But at least I got a workout in, that's what I tell myself to make the glass half full :)

I got to do an awesome 2-ish hour workout on the treadmill and in the weight room. I used the ankle/wrist weights again (put them on the wrist for the elliptical and on my ankles to lift). I was quite pleased that I was also able to increase the the weight I'm lifting...I think this means I might be building muscle :D

But now here I sit, on the couch sweaty and procrastinating...thinking about all of the other things I could/should be doing, yet it brings me such comfort to catch up on my life and my workouts. I also can't help but think how lucky I am to have a supervisor that is so laid back about me coming in late so I can workout. She's fab. And totally into self-care, which works for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment